Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Jewlery Box

So this is what I started off with.  I had purchased this memory shadow box from Ross' for about $7!  I really couldn't pass it up even though I don't have a little girl, and it wasn't for me oringinally.  I bought it to remake for our son. (no, there was not a little boy themed shadow box otherwise I would have bought it) So I have held onto this for 3 months and last week I decided to redo it for myself after all and this is what I cam up with.
As you can see I made it to hang/display my jewlery, and I love how it turned out.

 
The vase is from our bedroom, so I kind of used that to match colors.  I used some paint that I already had, so no cost there!


Added some clear command hooks to hang my necklaces.  I attached ribbon with brads and adhesive to hang my earrings.  Lukily for me a majority of my earrings are hook earrings, so they just loop over the top of the ribbon.  And because it is a shadow box the pins and earrings that are not loop backs rest in the bottom.  I already use a dish for all my bracelets, so that is staying.

And there it is hanging above my dresser.  I am going back and forth about the colors it might be a bit too 'primary' in color for me.  But I really want to work on those 'pops' of color....I might repaint the outside frame a basic black or rich brown and then leave the insides green and the paper......I don't know I will see what I think in a week.  Anyway, I am really excited about how it turned out.  Thanks for checking it out.  I am still working on the rest of the room.  Do you know how hard it is to find a basic bedskirt that isn't spendy!!  I think I might end up making my own, ugh!


Linked Up With:

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea. I love the way it turned out. I shared it on my TT&J facebook page and linked to you :)

    xoxox
    Jen

    ReplyDelete