Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes

Noah and I have enjoyed baking some yummy, warm breakfasts on these cold winter days.  I found this recipe, for Cinnamon Roll Pancakes, on another blog which again I can not find the link too but here is the recipe.  We had fun trying out the recipe and eating up all the yummy-ness, plus it doesn't take nearly as long to make as actual cinnamon rolls do.

1.  Make your pancake batter, I use Bisquick mix.
2. To make the cinnamon filling
    1 stick butter
    1 cup brown sugar
    2 T. cinnamon
*after mixing the ingredients, microwave for 10 minutes until melted and smooth. I put it into a pastry bag to swirl into my pancakes but you could just put it in a zip lock and cut a tip off.
3.  Cream Cheese Icing
    2 cup powdered sugar
    3 oz. cream cheese
    1 t. vanilla
    4 T. milk
*mix until smooth, set aside

Pour your batter into the skillet into pancakes and swirl in the Cinnamon Filling, flip - be careful the sugar will burn, so don't get your skillet too hot.  (We learned our lesson with the first pancake)
When you serve drizzle with Icing and Enjoy!!


1 comment: